WHAT IS PILES?
We provide Piles treatment at Harsh Hospital & Maternity Home, Surat. Piles (Haemorrhoids) is a bunch of broadened veins in the anus and the lower rectum. The rectum is the last range of digestive tract which continues as the anus, from where stools are excreted.
Piles (Haemorrhoids) is generally classified into two:
- Internal piles starts in the lower rectum and doesn’t come out of the anal opening.
- External piles starts in the lower rectum and remain outside the anal opening.
SYMPTOMS OF PILES
Enlarged Piles are associated with symptoms such as
- Painless bleeding while passing stools.
- Mucus discharge
- Burning on and around the anus.
- Severe pain, if the complication occurs.
- The sensation of incomplete evacuation.
Few things that can cause piles are:
- Chronic constipation
- Obesity, Pregnancy, Cirrhosis of the liver
- Standing or sitting for long durations
- Consuming low fiber diet
- Over consumption of junk, spicy and fried food. i.e people who are always in hurry, mostly worry and eat spicy curry
Usual Treatment options for Piles
- Change of diet and lifestyle (Grade I)
- Lotions, Medicaments, Ointments (Grade I)
- Rubber Band, Sclerotherapy, Infrared Coagulation (Grade I +II)
- Laser Hemmorrhoidoplasty
- Closed Surgery: Stapler Hemorrhoidopexy (Grade III+IV) M.I.P.H.
- Open Surgery: Milligan-Morgan, Parks (Grade III+IV)
Advantage of Laser Haemorrhoidoplasty
- Postoperative period is least painful
- Daycare procedure
- Chances of postoperative bleeding are minimal
- Generally, postoperative dressing is not required
- No rectal stenosis
- No incontinence
- Can be done in post-C.A.B.G and postpartum patients
- Several repetitions possible
J & J Stapler for Piles
- 33 mm hemorrhoidal circular stapler.
- Suture threader
- Circular Anal Dilator
- Purse-string suture anoscope